22 May 2009

Portable WC gear

After making my Itty-Bitty WC box, I thought that since it weighs just 40 grams it could be good to make some device to attach it to the sketcbook in order to draw without the need of any kind of surface for the watercolor box.
After some missed tests, I made this prototype. It will be enhanced when I find better materials (for example, I used cardboard and I think aluminium would be better). Until now this works fine (I made it 2 months ago) so I think it will not essentially change... but any ideas are welcome!


This is the holder and the WC box about to be fixed...


...and in ther final position.


Here is the Itty Bitty WC box 1.0 and the new 2.0.
I loaded 1.0 with very basic colors: Winsor yellow, alizarine crimson, Winsor blue, Hooker green, burnt sienna and sepia. On the last weeks I felt the need of a palette just for values. I made 2.0 with an ice mint box and loaded it with "non-color" colors: raw umber, burnt umber, Davy's grey, Payne's grey, sepia and ivory black.


There's a new hi tech version here.

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You should be marketing this! I would have bought one, but I'm off to make my own!!!

    Oh, and I love the sketch book page too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is a wonderful idea! You're a genius. Patent it, I'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayyyy qué bonito¡¡¡ qué joya¡¡¡
    Precioso gadget inspector acuarela!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastico me encanta tu "adaptor" manos libres en qualquier sitio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to take some ques from you...I have so much stuff! I especailly l;ike that paltte holder for your wc box...very nifty!
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave you the passion for painting award. You can read about it here:
    http://artyvelarde.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for inspiring me.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Arty, I'm really flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And this is genius! What a clever idea! It always bothers me so much to have so many things to carry and hold! Thanks so much for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing art kits and yours is very original. I love your lively sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I have to make another box with the neutral colors that you used. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, I would like to have one like this ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This will be great for my gift card tin. It's deep enough and holds 8 little tubs of color and small aqua brush

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Velcro mine on my wrist like a watch.

    ReplyDelete